- £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
- Full Time
- Office Support
- Legal Assistant
At Adaptable Recruitment we have a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join an award winning family owned company in the Southport area working in a brilliant office environment with a great culture.
Package: up to £35K DOE - (9-5.30 pm - 37.5 hours)
Holidays: 24 days + bank (shut down over Christmas extra)
Location: Southport - Fully Office based - Parking on site
Benefits: Perk box - Work place pension - Company events
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Legal Research, conduct research on commercial laws and regulations to assist the team in understanding relevant statutes and regulations.
- Conduct thorough research on investment regulations, securities laws, and industry guidelines to support senior team members in making informed legal decisions
- Contract Review, assist in reviewing of both general supplier contracts, investment contracts, agreements, and documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance with legal standards. Identify potential legal risks and issues within contracts, highlighting concerns for further review.
- Document Preparation, help in drafting simple legal documents, such as contracts, agreements, and correspondence, under the guidance of senior team member/external legal resources.
- Administrative Support, provide administrative assistance, including file organisation, calendar management, and handling basic communications.
- Compliance Assistance, contribute to due diligence checks and compliance reviews to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
- Learning and Development, actively engage in learning opportunities to enhance your understanding of investment law, industry trends, and emerging legal developments.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in law with a strong interest and understanding of business / commercial law, or experience in a related field.
- Familiarity with investment industry practices and regulations is a plus.
- Excellent research skills with the ability to analyse and interpret legal documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organised approach to document management and research.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated attention to detail in organising documents and conducting research.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ethical and principled approach to handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and assume responsibility.
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
For more information please contact me on: